LifeTown is a realistic indoor simulated “city” where students with special needs can learn and practice important life skills in a safe friendly environment. LifeTown volunteers will be role-playing or mentoring in the different shops around LifeTown as bankers, librarians, stylist/manicurist, traffic officers and more.
- LifeTown volunteering is easy! You will have an orientation and tour of LifeTown. Each volunteer session last from 9:30 am to 12 pm.
- LifeTown volunteer signup is simple! Just visit the website to sign up. You can choose the dates that work in your schedule.
- LifeTown volunteering is very fun and rewarding. You get to work directly with the students of all ages, Elementary to High School, to help learn life skills.
Volunteer Mentors Wanted! Make a difference in the life of a child with special needs!
“My mentee has really opened up and shared a lot with me, which makes me feel like I am doing something worthwhile.”
The LifeTown Mentor Program is looking for adult volunteers to be a special friend and positive role model to students at LifeTown with special needs.
- Volunteers will be matched with a middle or high school student with mild disabilities
- You meet once a month at LifeTown in New Albany, from September through May
- Work with the same student each visit, working through a lesson in LifeTown
- No previous experience needed, all lessons and training will be provided