Collection of your personal information:
Managing family life becomes a whole lot easier with a personalized, meaningful experience on kidslinked. Some of the reasons we collect personal
-- information from our registered users include: -- Participation in discussion groups -- Collaboration efforts -- Registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested.
Uses of your personal information:
Your personal information makes kidslinked truly yours! But we will use your personal information only in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your personal information:
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing promotional activities on the Kidslinked.com or affiliate websites. Personal information may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, we give you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. kidslinked does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will ask only for a contact name and email address.
- To meet contract obligations.
Non-personal information collection:
In some instances, kidslinked may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of the kidslinked.com website.
Sharing your personal information:
Sharing is a good thing, but not when it comes to your personal information. And as we teach our children, it is important to ask first. Therefore, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. We may share your personal information within kidslinked or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage. We may also share your personal information with authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We provide third-party agents with only the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction.
The safety and privacy of your children is important to us. kidslinked does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. kidslinked encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child's online experience safer: -- Teach children never to give personal information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. -- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate. -- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
Please visit the FTC's website for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.