Birds, Bats, Bees...and Neil Armstrong
Adventures in Flight, launching May 25, 2018!Preservation Parks’ new summer long theme, Adventures in Flight, kicks off Memorial Day weekend and lasts all summer long! You’ll discover FREE FAMILY FUN through activities and programs that will immerse you in the world of birds, bees, bats, butterflies and rocket ships! Here’s a sampling:
- Hot air balloon rides (first come, first served, May 25)
- Pixar’s UP, under the stars (May 25)
- The “Space Race,” by the Armstrong Air and Space Museum (May 26)
- Live birds and other flying creatures (May 27)
- Celebrate Pollinators (June 23-24)
- Drop-In Discovery: Bats (July 21-22)
- Intro to Falconry – Fly birds to your glove (There’s a charge for this program) (July 29)
- Boomerangs (Sept. 1)
- World of Butterflies (Sept. 2)
Deer Haven Park, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily BIRDS
Shale Hollow Park, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Wednesday-Sunday BATS
Gallant Farm, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Wednesday-Saturday; and noon-5 p.m., Sunday MANNED FLIGHT
VISIT www.preservationparks.com/programs/adventures-in-flight for all the details.
Preservation Parks is the natural parks system for Delaware County, featuring 10 public parks, walking trails, picnic shelters, creeks to wade in, natural play areas, free nature programs and much more. Gallant Farm, a 1930s reproduction farm, is part of the park district, as are three segments of the Ohio to Erie multi-use trail.
Each year, Preservation Parks provides hundreds of free nature education programs in the parks, along with school outreach programs. Additionally, the Park District is active in reforestation, wetland and prairie restoration and invasive species removal, in an effort to improve wildlife habitat and contribute to clean water and air.
Preservation Parks "preserves what is precious," and that includes time spent with family and friends.
Full details are at www.preservationparks.com.